Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Maybe now I'll blog a bit more

The brochure my adviser gave me on my first appointment when I was considering returning to college.

In Summer of 2010, I was 33 years old and I decided it was time to complete my college degree.  I had 28 hours of college credit and would need to complete 92 more hours to graduate.  I was anxious, but knew the time was right and that it was the path for me to take.  This journey was not always easy.

During graduation, we were arranged alphabetically by our major.  I was so happy to sit by my friend, whom I wrote about in this blog post.  Alice, the young lady who is wheelchair bound, also graduated with us.


In August, after three years, too many papers and tests to count, five speeches, two computers, and way too much money spent on textbooks, I graduated.  During the past three years, I knew I was working on my degree, but it seemed endless- that I would never graduate.


The three people who inspired me the most to complete my degree are my Mom, my Dad, and my husband.  Each of them worked hard and overcame challenges and completed their degrees.  I was beyond thrilled that my parents made the trip and attended my graduation.  They were so supportive and encouraging to me over the past three years.  My Dad, the math whiz, even tutored me, long-distance, in my Algebra class.  Oh, and I got an "A" in the class!


I had a wonderful cheering section at graduation.


My graduation day was a perfect day.  We had a celebratory lunch then a delicious and beautiful cake from Rao's.  I'm so thankful for my family and appreciated their excitement for me.



I've had many people ask me, "What's next?"  And I'm not for sure.  I knew that completing my degree was part of my journey.  For now I'll continue to homeschool the boys and see what the future holds.



I still can't believe I'm done!  So happy!

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Congratulations once again! So proud of you..future is yours