Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas on the Farm 2012

We excitedly woke up on Christmas Eve Eve and had a flurry of packing and all those annoying tasks that come with going on a trip.  We finally had everything ready and off we went to Grannie and PaPa's farm.  After our arrival at the farm in McKinney, we met up with cousins and off we ventured to the Gaylord Texan to continue the family tradition of seeing the Christmas lights. 



We gave Luke a camera for Christmas and here are some of his pictures of us taking pictures.  So funny.

Christmas Eve we attended the candlelight service at my Dad's church.  Side note: can I just say that my Dad is one of the best preachers I have ever heard?  And he is such a people person and a fun and caring person.  We were blessed to be in service with him.  
Yes, I did take out my camera during the service.  The pull to capture this moment was too great.  Luke said the service was awesome.  I agree.

After church pictures of the fam.  These pictures make me happy!

Then Christmas morning....

I love these ladies! I never have enough time with them though.  Our trips to the farm always go by too fast.

Then in the afternoon the most magical thing happened....snow!
Snow is a big deal to us living in Southeast Texas.  I think it snows like once every 10 or 15 years or so.  We have worn shorts before on Christmas day.  When we saw the forecast for McKinney included a white Christmas, the boys and I were doubtful, but cautiously excited.  We were in the perfect place at the perfect time for our Christmas wish to come true.  Just 45 minutes south of the farm there was little or no snow.  Not only did it snow on the farm, but it snowed a lot and it stayed on the ground.

The cousins spent Christmas afternoon playing in the snow, then the next morning it was sledding.  Us Texans of course don't own a sled, so we improvised and used the lids to plastic containers and they worked fine for us!
Our Christmas this year was beautiful and relaxing and enjoyable.  We always have such a wonderful time at the farm with my parents and family.  Sadly, we had to drive away from the snow that afternoon and start our five hour journey home to Beaumont. 
This may have been our best Christmas yet.  And I love that the boys were able to experience a white Christmas and sledding and the delightfulness of snow.  

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Oh, Lori how sweet! As I write this I have tears in my eyes...I must agree it has to be the best Christmas ever....even though we were missing Joe and fam and Tim and family...it was fantastic...simply fantastic...love ya...put another little goodies pkg in the mail...someone left some socks and and other stuff...hope to talk to you soon