Thursday, January 31, 2013

A multi-tasking blog post

We have been having absolutely beautiful weather, and a week and a half ago we hit the trails at Village Creek State Park.  

Can I share some of the pictures from that day and tell you about random things that need to be told and have no connection to the pictures?  Kind of a multi-tasking blog post?  I can? Great! Because that's what you are getting.  :)


I'm busy, busy with college. But I'm happy to report that I am 2/15 of the way through this semester.  And halfway through week 3.  I can't wait until graduation day in August!!!


I'm taking four online courses and one on-campus course, the dreaded Public Speaking.  UGH!  I have a problem in that I don't like to get in front of a room full of people and talk. I may have serious issues with this class.  I tell myself not to get nervous, but I do.


I think the gene for public speaking passed over me.  My father, the preacher, and my mother are both gifted, dynamic public speakers.  I was talking about this with my Mom and she said she has never been nervous to speak in front of people.  I don't understand this.  Then my sister is also a superb speaker.  My two brothers are both pastors and are in front of people all the time.  Me, I got nothing. No gift or talent to speak in front of a group...just fear.


I'm in the process of organizing and sorting and minimizing all the stuff we have in every room of our house.  I'm flirting with the idea of becoming a minimalist.  Really.  Plus I keep coming across blogs and websites of people who are not purchasing anything new for a year.  I'm intrigued.


We would like to save some money for some big purchases.  Buying less stuff would help us do that.  :)  I may be developing a problem though.  I received a $25 gift card to Hobby Lobby and have been there three times to spend it and I just can't do it.  I want to make my purchase really count, and I just can't bring myself to spend it yet.


I've also been busy lately with mine and A's (the husband) little side hobby/business.  Reselling items on ebay.  We've been finding super cheap items at thrift stores that are making us lots of $$$.  I've been busy every few days packaging and shipping multiple items.  Someday I'll do a post about some of the great things we've found and have turned around and sold.


My glasses, which I only wear around the house, have broke.  I can just barely keep them on my face when I need to.  Money Saving Mom blogged about a couple of websites that are offereing free glasses!?! I trust MSM, and I ordered my free pair of prescription eyeglasses today.  My cost was $38, because I upgraded and added $25 for thin lenses.  Add to that a $7.95 shipping charge and a handling fee.  But no way on earth would I be able to buy glasses anywhere near that price in store.  I should receive them in five days or so.  I'll let you know how they turn out.


I've been pondering lots of things lately.  Like kindness...and contentment...and the future...and trust. Maybe I'll share more soon...thinking I need to.


Our running club has started back up.  Our running club consists of 3 moms and 8 kids, and we have begun the Couch to 5K training.  Today we met at the running track at 3:00, where it was so cold and the wind was absolutely crazy, but we ran.


I've been drinking coffee off and on for several months.  But I'm giving up.  To me the taste of coffee just can't compete with hot tea.


I have made homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, which A and I both love, twice last week. Once with roast and once with chopped steak. I'm not sure why I needed to share that.


Looking at my picture, I realize my sunglasses, shirt, sweater, and bag all came from Goodwill.  My jeans too, but not my shoes.  Totally true, I promise- there is an older lady who works at Goodwill who we have developed a relationship with.  At first, she only knew A and would always talk to him.  Then I got to know her.  She now gives us hugs when we walk into Goodwill.  She will stop what she is doing and come and talk with us when we come in.  Apparently, I do not struggle with making purchases at Goodwill.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Hey...love the blog...absolutely love the picture..what a memory maker....love the...homsey...frank..love ya...hope to talk soon