Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas- Part 1


Since we were going to be at my parent's house for Christmas, we had Christmas morning at our house a few days early.  The boys were so excited the night before, but somehow they slept in until after 8:00 a.m. which is late for them.


Caleb was so happy to receive an Ipod touch.  He doesn't have a cell phone and has never had an Ipod, so this was a big deal for him and a big purchase for us.  Totally worth it when we saw his happy face.


Last year for Christmas I searched through cookbooks and made a bunch of difficult recipes.  It seemed like all Christmas Eve and Christmas morning I was in the kitchen either cooking or cleaning up.  This year I decided I would not be in the kitchen all day.  I made a simple breakfast of frozen biscuits, eggs, sausage, and frozen hash browns.  For our meal we had gumbo, potato salad, bread, and a salad.  I purchased the gumbo from a local Cajun restaurant.  It was so delicious and simple.  Both meals were easy to prepare, easy to clean up, and I was able to enjoy the day with my family.  *I know, I know I should whip up a homemade big meal, I just wanted easy this year.  And it worked for us.


The boys went shopping separately and both of them gave me beautiful coffee cups.  I love them!


Our little family Christmas was so sweet.  Next up, Christmas- Part II in McKinney.  With snow!

1 comment:

Grannie said...

What a great Christmas...love the pictures of that glorious food..looks so nice...so glad you got to come see us!