Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What can I say... I'm a little slow

How incredibly blessed I am to be Mom to Caleb and Luke.  I recently had an epiphany about parenting that I probably should have had before my boys were born. 

Luke on the last day of Co-op.

I thought, for the longest time, that I could keep my boys safe at all times and that I could make everything okay.  That my boys needed me to watch over them and that only I would provide the best care for them.


The boys at Grannie's farm.

Over the past month both Caleb and Luke have had things happen to them that woke me up.  I realized that my boys don't need me to keep them safe, because I can try, but in reality I can't.   And that there is someone who cares about them and takes better care of them than me.


At the gardens with Dad.

So thankful that God is their heavenly Father.  He loves these boys more than me.  He watches over them every second of the day when I cannot.  I do not have everything these boys need.  He does.  I do not always know what's best for them.  He does.  I do not always love them with a perfect, patient, long-suffering love.  He does.  What a comfort to know God has Caleb and Luke in His perfect care.

Exploring on their own.


So do not fear, for I am with you; 
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.             Isaiah 41:10






Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.                   Psalm 23:6

No comments: