Wednesday, May 16, 2012

January, February, March, and April

Eek! I can't believe I haven't blogged since December.  I do love blogging, I just haven't had time.  What can I say? I was schooling the boys these past months.  While taking four online classes towards my degree.  I really didn't mean for so much time to go by.  But it did.

Here's what we have been doing, besides school, these past four months.

January:


Caleb and Aaron attended Hot Hearts and got to see Skillet in concert.  Yes, Skillet.

Can you tell that he loved the concert?

Caleb worked on his blog.  At least one person in the family was blogging.

Luke looked cute even when he first woke up.

I got a haircut.

February:
Caleb's drama class at co-op presented Snow White.  Caleb was a dwarf.

The boys worked on science projects.  Luke's was on viscosity.

He did a great job presenting his project to his class at co-op.

Here Luke is being the test subject for Caleb's science project on how smell affects taste.

Caleb presenting his project.

Caleb moved up from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts at the Blue and Gold Banquet.

March:
The boys made Pine Wood Derby cars.  On the left is Kitty Striker 3000, on the right is Flame Rider.

Neither boy was very successful at the race, but they did have fun.

Caleb turned 12.

Luke and I got to hang out while Caleb had multiple drama practices.

I participated in my first ever 5K.  I was able to run the whole distance, although my pace was pretty slow.  I'm hoping to run another 5K soon.

We spent Spring Break at Grannie's house and had many adventures.

We had a blast at the zoo.


and with his birthday money he purchased two hermit crabs.

And one more March birthday- Big A's. (Pioneer Woman Tres Leche Cake)

PawPaw rescued a baby turtle off the road and brought him to Luke.

Luke was in turtle heaven and named him Turtle Buddy.

Luke enjoyed having a turtle for a few days, then Turtle Buddy moved on.

We went to the fair...

and ate a ton of food.

Visited here..

It was amazing.



I loved this museum.  Below is a piece of the Berlin Wall that was on display.

We visited Texas A&M...

and got to go out on the field of Kyle Field.

 April:


Easter Sunday...our picture was a fail because as soon as we posed Luke and I got stung by fire ants.


Western Day at our homeschool co-op with a buddy.

Square dancers came and taught the kids.  Here is Luke square dancing.

Caleb's drama class put on Seussical.  So many practices but it was all worth it in the end.

We had a joint birthday party for Caleb and Luke with their friends...only a month late.




January, February, March, and April were super busy, but wonderful months.  So happy we have made it to summer vacation.


1 comment:

Grannie said...

WOW loved the catchup...I laughed, cried and sighed....thanks so much for catching us up! WOW exciting stuff at the Garza house..always