Summer is over for us, today was our first day at our homeschool co-op. Tomorrow will be our first day of school at home. The boys are in 6th and 2nd grade. How did that happen?
This summer we have.....
- Gone to Moody Gardens and the beach in Galveston.
- Visited the Children's Museum in Houston.
- Gone to Dallas and experienced Legoland Discovery Center.
- Been taken on a trip to San Antonio by my generous parents and went to Sea World, the Alamo, the Japanese Tea Gardens, the Children's Museum of San Antonio, the Mercado, rode a trolley, bus, and boat in San Antonio, and had the most delicious meal on the Riverwalk.
- Found 6 abandoned kittens in San Antonio. My mom took two and I took home four. Found new homes for all four within one week.
- Witnessed hubby getting laid off and then starting a new job with a much better salary all within three weeks.
- Started painting my entire kitchen. Cabinets, walls, everything. Still have not completed it. Ugh.
- Been to Goodwill way more than my kids want to.
- Taken two summer courses at Lamar Universtiy and *barely* received an A in both.
- Watched Falling Skies on television.
- Read a lot of books for fun.
- Planned out my classes I teach at our homeschool co-op.
- Made ten tie-dye shirts for the family.
- Traveled to the library weekly.
I would love to blog about each of the above items, but not sure if I will get around to it.
Coming up I have....
- Women of Faith conference I am attending this weekend with my sister. :)
- College Algebra :( Not online, but in a live classroom. Not sure I am ready for this.
- Three online college classes.
- And a busy year of schooling the 2nd and 6th grader seen above.