Tuesday, June 21, 2011

VBS time!

Both boys attended VBS last week. A church in town is known for having a spectacular VBS and they delivered. The boys went last year and it was a highlight of the summer.

First, the kids were assigned to one of the 12 tribes. Luke was in Ephraim and Caleb was in Dan.




Each tribe's room was decorated. The tribes traveled around to story time, music, snack, and to the market.


It's blurry, but here is Luke in his room.



The kids wore tunics and had a money pouch with pennies. Each day they would go to the market and visit a booth for the craft of their choice and earn a penny. They could then purchase snacks with their coins, give coins to the beggar, purchase wares from the woman at the well, and sometimes have to pay the tax collector. Luke told me one day they let him hide from the tax collector behind a tent.



Don't you love the woman at the well? I asked her if I could take her picture and she replied that she might break the camera. I think she is beautiful and so special. I don't know her personally, but I love that she gave her time and made an impact on my kids.


One day they had a petting zoo.




The boys loved attending this VBS. I'm so thankful for everyone who worked and helped make this a great VBS.



No comments: