Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ponderings



I have been thinking a lot about my blog. I try to only have positive posts. I don't think anyone wants to hear me rant about anything. But I don't want it to appear on my blog that I have a perfect life. At the butterfly house we are not always smiling, and we have plenty of problems, challenges, and faults.



I never want to suggest that I have it all together or that my life is Camelot. So here is me getting real:




  • My boys pick with each other constantly. What is it with them? Then I get upset and yell. Yeah, not proud of it.


  • Many nights I go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink and a basket or two of laundry waiting to be folded.


  • I am terrible at sticking with a budget. I try to be frugal, but each week I end up spending way too much money on groceries.


  • The boys both got strep throat for the second time in a month last week. Finishing up the second round of antibiotics and hoping this is it. Am I a bad Mom because I didn't change out their toothbrushes the first time?


  • I can't sew and I'm not crafty.


  • I am an introvert and it takes me a long time to become friends with someone.


  • Many times I put my school work off until the last minute.


  • I sometimes worry and am anxious. Constantly working on this.


  • I have way too much gray hair and wrinkles for a 34 year old.


  • Never quite satisfied with where we are in life. I often long for change (a new city, new house, new church, new something!)



  • I need to dust, mop, clean the bathroom, wash the sheets. I am always behind in house work.


So that's me keeping it real. I will continue to be positive on my blog, but maybe share more challenges along the way. I do love my life and am thankful for it! I'm trusting in God everyday and trying to live my imperfect life for Him.


So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:2 The Message

2 comments:

Tim Gabbard said...

Keep it real!

Grannie said...

I check daily for your blogs-missed Thursday got too busy...what a treat to have 2 to ready today!!.BUT...don't be so hard on yourself!! I think what you described is called life...it's the real reality 'show'...a reminder why we need God, His Son as our Savior and the Holy Spirit to give us strength......you are a great mother.....wonderful daughter and a loved, cherished wife and oh...and the most important a vessel of honor, adored and treasured by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords..... and I am glad to hear things are not perfect at the Butterfly house....I was thinking goodness the front porch will never measure up! Love ya