Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas in McKinney

The boys and I got to spend the week before Christmas at my parent's house in McKinney. Sadly, I live five hours away from my family. Big A stayed home and worked and the boys and I went to play. We left early Monday morning and arrived for lunch. That started a week of amazing meals cooked by my Mom. We had cooked breakfast every morning and a delicious lunch and dinner each day. Much appreciated Mom!!

Monday night two of our favorite girls got silly.

****This is bugging me so much about this picture. On the tv is When Harry Met Sally. I promise the kids were not watching this movie. I think it was a commercial or someone was going through channels. I like Camryn in this picture, so just forget about the tv.


Luke, Kaylin, and Kaden played with animals in the Barbie cars.


Tuesday was a big day. We went to Northpark Mall in Dallas to see the model train display. It was amazing and the kids loved it.


People in Dallas sure know how to shop.


After the trains, we walked around at the mall. Caleb headed straight for the Lego store.


Then we found a toy store with some Superman and ......



Batman.

We ate lunch at the food court then headed to the Dallas Children's Theater to see Junie B. Jones in "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells!" The show was so good and funny! After, the cousins posed for pictures with Grannie.


We took a group shot with everyone: my sister, my mom, my nieces and nephews, the boys, and my sister-in-law, Amy.



The actors were so good in the play!


Then the cousins had their picture taken with JUNIE B. JONES!



Outside the theater Caleb and Camryn looked too cool.


The next day we went to The Shops at Willowbend in Plano to see a Narnia display. Camryn took me and Caleb to the Apple store where we all proceeded to try out the Ipad.


Camryn was the expert and had to show me and Caleb how it worked. Caleb found Madden 11 and started to play.

Camryn and I had fun shopping, then it was time for dinner at Cracker Barrel. Next we headed to the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine. Every year they have amazing Christmas decorations. It has become a tradition for us to go every year.


The cousins pose for pictures.


There are lights, model trains, music, a life size gingerbread house, and more to see!


My brother Tim gets in on the fun.


PawPaw with Kaden and Luke.


These guys are getting so big!


The next day we spent a quiet morning at home, opened some presents, and in the afternoon went to downtown McKinney to walk around and shop.


Thursday night we had the first Christmas dinner with all of the family. My brother Joe and his family came in too. I missed getting a picture of them. But, here is Tim, Amy, Kaden and Karson.


The cousins with the two lifes of the party, Jace and Justus.

My sister had the week off of work. It was so nice to spend time with her and the girls.


We had a feast that evening. The next day, Christmas eve, the boys and I packed up and started driving home around noon. It rained most of the way and was a hard drive. We finally made it home around 6:30. I had a wonderful week with my family. Such good times, food, and memories. Thanks Mom and Dad for the great week! The boys were tired, but were all smiles on Christmas morning!

1 comment:

Grannie said...

LOVED your tribute to Christmas at Grannies Barnyard!! You are such a whiz with that camera ..thanks for the recap. I smiled all the way through!!! Thanks for coming up and being a part of the Christmas Festivities....tell everyone hello!!