Friday, July 16, 2010

Just as long as there isn't a snake in the RV

Aaron's Mom invited us to tag along with her to the Peddler Show/ Outdoor Show, the "His and Her" show in town. We enjoyed browsing the booths in the peddler show. But we really enjoyed stepping into the world of hunters, outdoorsmen, RVers, and boaters at the outdoor show as we do none of those things in real life.

We touched an alligator courtesy of Gator Country. Gary and Jana were there from the show Gator 911. I thought about snapping a picture of them, but I didn't want to seem like a groupie.




We also witnessed snake handlers acting extremely unwisely if you ask me. One of them kept kissing this cobra on the top of his head.


The snake handlers also had rattlesnakes with them. They demonstrated to us how to get out of a sleeping bag if a snake gets in with you. One of the guys climbed into a sleeping bag, then the others filled it with snakes. What!?! This totally game me the creeps and I kept thinking of two things, religious snake handlers and an extremely creepy episode of The X Files about snake handlers that I WISH I HAD NEVER WATCHED!


Luke and I had to step away from the snakes. Luke found something just his size.


The boys tried out every boat, this one was the winner.


One thing the whole family loved was the RVs. I am so ready to purchase an RV and travel around the US. Wouldn't that be fun?


We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. A big thanks to Ann for taking us to experience this other world of boating, hunting, and RVing. Oh and Aaron was the big winner of a door prize. His prize was a hunter's gift basket with hunting accessories worth $80. I'm not sure what he will do with it though.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Never a dull moment at the Garza home! Looks like fun except for snakes..yikes anyway tell everyone I said hello