Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4th Holiday Recap

We had a busy weekend. We traveled to my parents house for my sister's wedding.
Friday:
The rehearsal dinner was supposed to occur outside at my parents' house.


But just as everyone sat down with their food it poured and everyone moved inside.

Camryn and Caleb

All the cousins minus little Karson.
Saturday:
The wedding was Saturday morning. My sister looked beautiful and so happy.
My Dad and Julie.
The happy bride and groom, Julie and Nathan.


The cake.


Camryn looked lovely. Her hair is so stylish!

The kids enjoyed the candy-bar with take home bags.

My beautiful sisters-in-law. Both of my brothers are so blessed to be married to these ladies.



Caleb and Luke chilling


Camryn and me. How is she as tall as me?


Sunday:
Service at my Dad's church with my brother Joe preaching. Yes, I did take a picture during a prayer.

Birthday lunch for my Dad provided by the ladies of his church. So good!
Joe Jr. I mean Justus.


July 4th cookout on the deck. I wonder if Tim will be mad at me for posting this picture.





"Okay, Lori that is enough pictures of us getting our food."

We waited for the sun to set,


then Joe put on a fireworks show for us.


Everyone gathered around.


And some held their ears.


The fireworks were amazing and fun!

Monday:
Lunch at Saltgrass for a birthday lunch and then time to head home.
We had a wonderful 4th of July with my family!
Happy Birthday to my Dad today!

3 comments:

Grannie said...

Absolutely fantastic recap I could not have said it better! It was pretty incredible when you look back on it...a lot to celebrate in just a few shorts days....wedding, 4th, and 2 birthday dinners!

Love you guys...all my gals and guys! All the Gabbard guys and gals make me and Dad so very proud...in a good sense...like Joe put it...you guys are honoring us by now living your lives for God and by loving each other!

Tim Gabbard said...

Love the pictures, and mom, Joe got that line from me.

Holly Young said...

Congratulations to Julie!! She did look beautiful!! Tell your Dad I said Happy Birthday! We miss you all so much and wish there weren't so many miles between us...but so glad you are all doing so well. Thanks so much for posting all the pictures:) Love you!