Saturday, June 19, 2010

Texas Rox

Last weekend we braved the heat and ventured out to Larry's Old Time Trade Days in Winnie, Texas. It is a flea market, mostly open air with a few buildings with air conditioning. The whole family enjoyed the day and searching for treasures.

Luke found many treasures- he purchased two play swords, two beanie babies, a small army tank, and two bags of gummie worms all for $10.




The boys were serious about shopping.


I loved the laid back atmosphere and the prices. The entrance fee is $3 per vehicle and the prices at the vendors are overall low.


The boys were troopers, persevering through the heat.


I loved this display. See the fruit bowl, my Mom used to have this bowl. She may still have it, but seeing this bowl took me back to her kitchen when I was ten.






I absolutely loved the collages a vendor had for sale. Each of them is different and made up of different trinkets.






My favorite was the pink Texas. Towards the bottom there is a tag that says wonderful. Texas is wonderful, I'm so glad to live here with my family.


No comments: