Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Black Beans and Coconut-Lime Rice

My Mom sends me her copies of Southern Living magazine when she is done with them. Is there a better magazine? I love to look at the recipes and sometimes I actually attempt them. In the May issue one of the recipes that caught my eye was Black Beans and Coconut-Lime Rice. Husband and I love anything with coconut plus this recipe uses cilantro, cumin, and lime- all flavors that we like as well.


Ingredients assembled. Total cost under $10.00




mango- .50
onion- .35
radishes- .69
Basmati rice- $2.79
2 cans black beans- $1.34
poblano pepper- .44
lime- .25
green onions- .59
can chicken broth- .58
cilantro- .34

on hand already- coconut ($1.69?), butter, salt and pepper, and cumin

We loved this dish. At least the adults did, kids only ate the beans. Dear husband kept saying, "This so good." The combination of the flavors from the coconut, lime, and mango is delicious.



Linked to: Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

2 comments:

Grannie said...

WOW looks like a keeper for sure!

Starr said...

"I love to look at the recipes and sometimes I actually attempt them..." - that explains my relationship with every cook book I own! I spend lots of time looking at them, and very little time cooking anything out of them. :-) Food looks great!