Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Fair

The Southeast Texas State Fair has come and gone. We spent one evening at the fair. There were highs and lows.
The boys loved the Nascar ride and rode it several times.
The Chinese Dragon Coaster

The slide.

The boys pondering their next move.

Aaron and Caleb went for the Crazy Mouse ride.


Luke decided on the jeeps.

Some things about the fair:
  • There was chocolate covered bacon for sale. I did not try it.
  • There was also a donut burger for sale. A donut burger consists of a bacon cheeseburger served on a sliced Krispy Kreme donut. I did not try this.
  • The next Monday at Co-op Luke proceeded to tell several of his teachers that he ate a donut burger. He told them his dad got one and gave him a bite. Nothing of the sort happened.
  • We had to have a talk with Luke about lying. He said, "I was just joking, but I didn't tell them I was."
  • One of the boys' favorite attractions is the fun house. Our fair had several fun houses. I tried one with the boys where at the end there is a spinning drum one has to run through. I thought perhaps I could crawl through. I start to slowly crawl and the drum is turning and I get dumped over and land on my shoulder. I then get stuck and can not get out. The attendant had to stop the spinning drum for me to climb out. I felt old, embarrassed, and my shoulder hurt. It would have been hilarious if I had seen it on America's Funniest Videos, but living it is not hilarious.
  • Caleb says the correct way to get through a spinning drum is run as fast as you can. He had no problem with the spinning drum.

Next year I will avoid all fun houses that boast spinning drums.


1 comment:

Grannie said...

I laughed and laughed (a much needed one at that!) at your fun at the fair! The best ones had to be you in the 'fun house' and Lukey and his 'joking'. The Butterfly house just has too much fun. I just finished a week long-40 classes and lessons in the libray on BUTTERFLIES....I learned more that I ever knew ...the kids did too...had a lot of fun....God did an outstanding job when he gave us this beautiful creature to enjoy.....same goes for all the inhabitants at teh BEAUMONT BUTTERFLY house!