Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cannelloni Then and Now

Our March celebrations continue. Tuesday we celebrated our 14 wedding anniversary! Yes, 14 years. I can't imagine my life without Aaron and the boys. I am still so very happy that I married Aaron! Since we married when I was 19, in a way Aaron and I have grown up together. I would not have had it any other way!


Anniversary Dinner Menu:
Cannelloni (My Dad's famous recipe)
Salad
Breadsticks
After dinner entertainment:
Payday with the family.
Anniversary Dessert:
Red Velvet Cheesecake (Recipe Here)


Cannelloni is a labor intensive meal, that takes time to create. While assembling this dish I thought about the history of this dish. I remember when I was about six, my Dad surprising my Mom with dinner for their anniversary and he had made this. Maybe it was the first time he cooked it. I also remember for my 16 birthday I wanted to have a nice dinner with some of my friends. Dad cooked all afternoon and the menu was Cannelloni, salad, and breadsticks.

Me and my Dad, circa 1992, preparing the birthday dinner.

A few things:
1. I remember my friends oohing and aahing over the food.
2. Don't you love my brother Tim at the end of the table?
3. Thanks Dad for sharing your recipe with me.
4. Thanks Mom for taking these pictures.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Great post!! Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a great day!

Grannie said...

WOW FAB as usual...looking forward to seeing you guys and getting down and dirty in the dirt! in the meantime check this blog out
http://ahandmadelife.blogspot.com/

love ya