Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Back


Last Tuesday morning my Dad called to let me know that my Grandmother had passed away. This time last week the boys and I, my parents, my brother, and sister were in a passenger van driving to Kentucky for the funeral. The boys and I spent over 45 hours driving in the course of five days. Beaumont to Dallas, Dallas to Arkansas to Tennessee, then on to Kentucky. Then back home. The funeral was lovely- celebrating the 81 years that my Grandmother lived. She raised 12 children and lived her entire life serving her children and family. While we were in Kentucky, we visited my other Grandmother, too. My Dad honored his Mom at her funeral, and my Mom honored her Mom when we visited her. I'm so glad I was able to be there for both.

In Kentucky it was 7 degrees with about 6 to 10 inches of snow. Sunday morning I left snowy Dallas, five hours later I was back home in Beaumont where the temperature was 68 degrees. I love Beaumont in winter! It is great to be home!

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

It was so wonderful to see you all. Obviously not under the circumstances, but great to see all of you guys and spend a little time with you. It was also great to honor such a wonderful woman of God. I still can't believe she has gone "Home". I find myself almost asking my Dad when I talk to him how she is doing. The great thing though is that she lives through each and every one of her children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. I am honored that she was our Grandma and that we got the chance to meet and know such an outstanding woman!! Love you all:)