Friday, February 5, 2010

The Choice

Last night for dessert I offered two choices to dear husband- fresh strawberries and blueberries OR Bananas Foster.




He replied, "Really Lori, do you need to ask?"




So for dessert we had bananas sauteed with bananas foster sauce over delicious Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

So good!

I found the bananas foster sauce at H-E-B. I so wanted to buy it, then I looked at the price, $5.99. But H-E-B came through for me with a special deal. If I bought a jar of Cookwell & Company Gumbo Starter, I could get the bananas foster sauce free. So for dinner we had Gumbo with sausage and chicken plus our yummy dessert.

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. -Virginia Wolf

1 comment:

Miss G said...

Lori, thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your comment was wonderful! I miss H-E-B! I grew up in the Houston area but we do not have H-E-B stores here in the Dallas area (except for Central Market which I love for the occasional foodie excursion but it's not a regular ole HEB.) Your dessert looks yummy!

I also looked at the rats post. We're thinking about home schooling in the future but if rats are part of the package, I may have to back out. :) You are one brave mama! Kelly