Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On Gardens and Rats


I am telling myself this will be the year I have a garden. I am dreaming of this:
And this:


I am going to do it. The only problem is that I do not have a green thumb. I seem to kill plants unintentionally. I either over water them or under water them. It has become a joke in our house. But a person can change right? I, Lori, can become a gardener.


Last night some visitors arrived at our house, Faraday and Lovelace. They are Lukey's science class pet rats. Yes, rats. Every family at Co-op that wants to, gets to take these guys home for a week.

The teacher sent a rat book with the rats. Here is an excerpt from the book:
If you want a pet who's friendly and loving, playful and curious, intelligent and active, quiet, small, and easy to care for, then a rat is what you're looking for!

I told dear husband that I was concerned about keeping the rats safe and alive under our watch this week. His reply was, "Lori they will be fine, they are rats not plants."

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Yikes RATS at the Garga 'butterfly-garden' house! Keep us posted