Sunday, December 27, 2009

Nothing is Impossible Part 2

I keep thinking of how with God nothing is impossible.

Kimmie , has this quote on her blog:

It is great to be faced with the impossible, for nothing is impossible if one is meant to do it. Amy Carmichael

While watching the John Adams miniseries this week (only two episodes out of the seven so far) I keep thinking about the impossible. Think about the founding fathers. Isn't it crazy that they thought they had what it takes to start a country? That they could make it on their own without England. And that they could win a war against England. It seemed impossible that they would succeed.

I believe with God all things are impossible. All things, crazy things, big things, and little things.

I heard this story several years ago.

A woman in South America was desperate. She had no food in the house, no money, and no idea what to do. She did the only thing she could, she prayed to God that he would provide food for her family. After praying she felt God tell her to go to the grocery store and put a month's worth of groceries in her cart and that He would provide for her. The woman thought, "Maybe I will run into someone in the parking lot who knows the hard time I am having and will offer to buy my groceries." That didn't happen so she thought, "Maybe while I am shopping some stranger, an angel perhaps, will give me the money that I need for groceries." She shopped and looked expectantly at the other shoppers but nothing happened. She finished her shopping and headed to the front of the store with a full cart. She milled around determined not to get in a line until she had the money for the groceries. After sometime nothing happened, so she prayed again, "God I know you told me to come and pick out my groceries and that you said you would provide, what do I do?" The woman sensed God telling her to get in checkout line number three. She looked at the other shorter checkout lines with their lights on but dutifully got in number three's line. She waited in line and and soon it was her turn. The clerk scanned all of her groceries and told her the total and then asked her to wait a minute that the manager needed to talk with her. The store manager arrived, looked at her total and told her, "Great news, you are our special shopper today and your total purchase is free."

I love that story. Now was she really a winner or were the clerk and manager able to give away some groceries to needy people? Did they notice her reluctance to get in line and know that she didn't have the money? I don't know, but what I do know is that God provided groceries for this woman when it was impossible.

Which brings us back this: with God nothing is impossible.


God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and
gently within us.
Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!
Ephesians 3:20-21 The Message

2 comments:

Grannie said...

I BELIEVE as the days draw nearer and nearer to His return....more of the IMPOSSIBLE will happen for HIS people who do trust and believe in HIM. Great reminder as we drag ourselves out of 2009 and 'lift up our eyes to the hills' of 2010 and we see our Lord with His outstretched arms calling, 'come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.....I will give you rest'.

Holly Young said...

Great, great post!! I agree with Diane, God is going to do more of the "Impossible"!! He is wonderful!!