Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Luke

Over the weekend we had been having a little problem with Luke. He had been hitting us countless times, having a very grumpy mood, and talking back. When we would tell him not to hit us he would hit himself. Sunday morning Luke told me he hated church and didn't want to go.

I spend almost the entire day with the boys, but I thought maybe Luke needs more quality time with me. Sunday night we read a chapter book, played Chutes and Ladders, and then we read a Christmas book before bedtime. Then I went in for the talk. I told Luke we do not hit people, and we go to church because we love Jesus and because we are Christians.


Then Luke asked, "Well how do you become a Christian?" So I told him a person needs to ask Jesus to come into their heart to be a Christian. Luke said, "Have you and dad and Caleb done that?" I replied yes. Then he said, "Well I want to too."


So Luke repeated after me, "Jesus please come into my heart. Please forgive me of my sins. And help me to live for you. Amen."


Then Luke said, "Now I am a Christian!" I told him that part of being a Christian is trying to do right and treat people right. I told him that means not to hit people and to talk nice. He said, "That means I shouldn't hit myself too, right Mom?"

Luke is a treasure! And a Christian!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

That was the cutest post EVER!!! So glad Luke is a Christian now!! You are an amazing mother Lori! Love you and Merry Christmas!!

Grannie said...

Welcome to the "FAMILY" Lukee...this is a story that can be retold over and over...amazing...Lori a door opened and you were right there ready to enter.....wonderful

Tim Gabbard said...

Wow thats so awesome! So proud of that little guy!