Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Graduate

After two days of cold gloomy rain, Friday morning dawned with sunshine and warmth. A sign of good things to come?

I told the boys Friday would be all about Dad, to celebrate his graduation. For lunch we headed to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. We feasted on coconut shrimp, wood-roasted tilapia, blackened catfish, dirty rice, and shrimp creole.


It was delicious and yes we were stuffed! So, time for dessert. I had made Pioneer Woman's Tres Leche Cake.


This is one of Aaron's favorite cakes. It turned out pretty tasty.



The boys gave Aaron pictures they had drawn.



Caleb's creation.



Then on to the ceremony. (Aaron is third from left.)


Can you spot him?



It was an inspiring and moving graduation but most importantly Aaron was awarded his Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance.


Aaron was thrown a curve ball when he was laid off in December 2008. But look what he has done- I'd say hit a home run!


Caleb, Luke and I are so proud of him!


Our graduate!

3 comments:

Grannie said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!

Holly Young said...

Congrats Aaron!! God is so good and you!!

Julz said...

Aaron,
I am so very proud of you. This is indeed a great accomplishment that will serve you well. My prayers are with you regarding the job situation!!