Sunday, December 13, 2009

Black Belt Time

Over two years ago Caleb started TaeKwonDo. He was so excited to earn his first belt, the yellow belt.


This week Caleb became a First Degree Level 2 Black Belt. Caleb was called up to the small platform. Aaron and I came to the front and spoke to Caleb. My remarks were something like this:

Caleb I am so proud of you! I am so glad that you are my boy and that I am your mom! This is a great accomplishment that you worked hard for. Please remember this your whole life that with hard work you can accomplish anything and that there is nothing that you can't do. I love you!

Then after receiving his black belt, he was introduced as the newest black belt and given a standing ovation.

At the close of the ceremonies the kids threw their old belts into the air.

Caleb has worked hard over the past two years with the help of great instructors.

I am so blessed to be Caleb's Mom!
First Degree Level 2 Black Belt
We came home and celebrated with a homemade Snickerdoodle cookie cake, his favorite.




Caleb you made it look easy getting your black belt, but I know you worked hard! You are amazing!

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Tell Caleb we said CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow love all the pictures and updates and love the Christmas banner too. Snickerdoole cookie cake!! Tell me more about this wonderful treat.

Love love love you guys!