Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Tent, Cousins, and Breakfast

No, we did not go to the circus. We went to an Old Fashioned Tent Revival at my Dad's church. Something about a big tent excites both young and old (at least in our family).

My grandmother, several aunts and uncles (Dad is from a big family), and cousins traveled from Kentucky to put on a revival at my Dad's church here in Texas.

Dad was a great host to all the family!

The boys loved playing with their Dallas cousins and Kentucky cousins.




One morning my Dad cooked a breakfast feast for the family consisting of bacon, sausage, two kinds of eggs, hashbrowns, grits, biscuits, and gravy. It was delicious!

We had a superb time visiting with the extended Gabbard family, and we enjoyed the special services in the tent!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

So exciting!! I am so glad you were able to go. I know Grandma enjoyed seeing the grandkids and great grandkids. I wish I could have been there. I am seriously thinking about taking my vacation next year when they come to Texas. Oh yeah, by the way...Happy Late Birthday Lori!! Miss you!!

Holly

Grannie said...

WOW SUPER WOW! So glad you got to come visit!

Mimi B said...

We heard all the amazing things that happened in the Tent Revival...Can not wait for the next one