Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ponderings From Our Week

I have always loved the line, "to know all is to forgive all." It is the title of a poem that I have been reflecting on this week.

To Know All Is To Forgive All
Nixon Waterman

If I knew you and you knew me
If both of us could clearly see,
And with an inner sight divine
The meaning of your heart and mine

I'm sure that we would differ less
And clasp our hands in friendliness;
Our thoughts would pleasantly agree
If I knew you and you knew me.

If I knew you and you knew me,
As each one knows his own self,
We could look each other in the face
And see therein a truer grace.

Life has so many hidden woes,
So many thorns for every rose;
The "why" of things our hearts would see,
If I knew you and you knew me.


The boys and I have been have been reading the following scriptures each day and I am hoping that they penetrate our hearts and actions. (And to chase away the boys' sometimes resistance to work.)


Work hard at whatever you do. Ecclesiastes 9:10
Do everything without complaining or arguing. Philippians 2:14

I love Ecclesiastes 9:10 in The Message:

Seize life! Eat bread with gusto,
Drink wine with a robust heart.
Oh yes—God takes pleasure in your pleasure!
Dress festively every morning.
Don't skimp on colors and scarves.
Relish life with the spouse you love
Each and every day of your precarious life.
Each day is God's gift. It's all you get in exchange
For the hard work of staying alive.
Make the most of each one!
Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. And heartily!
This is your last and only chance at it,
For there's neither work to do nor thoughts to think
In the company of the dead, where you're most certainly headed.

Ecclesiastes 9:7-10

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Wow just what I needed...wonderful wonderful wonderful you blog gets better and better....if no one else gets you a snuggie I'll get you one remind me to tell you of the story of Shelia Walsh and her snuggie..heard it at the Women ofFaith Conference!

Miss you guys and looking forwarf to seeing you guys!