Friday, August 28, 2009

First Week of School

School is in session. Luke is now in Kindergarten!


Our first day of Co-op was on Monday. The boys were up early Monday morning and ready to go.

Luke told me he was nervous about starting Kindergarten. He said it was because he didn't know how it was going to be. He brought his kitty for support.

I can't believe he is in Kindergarten now!

At the end of the day Luke told me, "I didn't need to be nervous, it was fun!"

School at home is Tuesday thru Friday, each morning we have started school at 9 sharp. We open with the Pledge of Allegiance and prayer.

Luke studies at home include:
Science (animals, the human body, and plants)
History (Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, and Ancient China)
Bible

At Co-op, Luke's classes are:
Science
Art
Music
Literature
History
P.E.

Luke has had a great first week. He is very energetic about school. For math his first day was counting. He got frustrated and told me he wanted to do pluses and minuses, so I printed out several first grade worksheets for him to do. The first day he did four worksheets and got almost all of the problems right. Maybe he is going to be a math whiz like Papa Gabbard. I hope I can keep up with Luke.

I can't believe that Caleb is in the 4th Grade. This is a big step up at Co-op. He now has more at home work to do and added accountability to his teachers.

He is taking:
Literature
History
Art
Drama (They are going to perform The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe in the spring!)
P.E.

Caleb will tell you that his favorite class is P.E. :)

At home Caleb is doing work for the above classes plus Arithmetic, Grammar, Spelling, and Bible. He has a full day of work. This week Caleb has worked hard and applied himself to all of his subjects. I am proud of him!

We are off to a great year!

No comments: