Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Julie

Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

My sister Julie has been going through a terrible ordeal. If you are reading this could you say a prayer for her? Pray for God's favor and God's provision in her life.

Julie:

Joy. If you know Julie you know that she is full of joy. She loves life and her girls and she is fun to be around. It is a treat to hear Julie do some of her impressions. She can do impressions spot on. My boys love to be around Aunt Julie. I remember one day by the pool at Grannie's house the kids played baseball with a beach ball and they stood at the diving board hitting the ball. Julie over and over again would field the ball and encourage the kids. They loved it. I remember Julie and the kids laughing and the fun they were having.

Ultimate. The ultimate what? She is the ultimate giver. She is the ultimate daughter. She is the ultimate boss. She is the ultimate big sister. She is the ultimate make-up advisor. Let me explain. At our house we were not allowed to wear makeup until we turned 13. When my 13 birthday came around, I couldn't wait to wear makeup. For my birthday Julie took me to Kmart and advised me on what colors to wear and what kind of makeup I needed. (After all she was 17- she knew everything!) She purchased all the makeup my 13 year old self needed as my birthday present. I also remember her advising me on some makeup I didn't need, like a heavy concealer. Then when I got married at 19 (I was a baby) I got my hair done at the salon but not my makeup. Julie did my makeup for me on that day. So yes, she is the ultimate makeup advisor.

Loved. Julie please know that during this time you are loved. You are loved by your family, just the way you are. You are loved by God. Always. Forever. His love never ends.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, 39

Intelligent. My sister is extremely intelligent. In high school she would study every night and she got excellent grades. She aced her high school Speech class. In fact her speeches were so good, that the speech teacher videoed her speeches so he could show them to other classes on how to give a good speech. Julie earned her college degree and became a manager at a huge company by the time she was 25 or 26. She has excelled at every job she has had. I have always been impressed by Julie's intelligence.

Enjoyable. Julie is enjoyable to be around. I love this quote from the movie UP, "It might sound boring," Russell admits. "But I kinda think it's the boring stuff I remember the most." And that is so true. I always have fun with Julie doing the boring or everyday things. At our house growing up our parents had us clear the table and do the dishes each night. Usually I would clear and Julie would wash the dishes and I would help out and dry. During those times Julie would talk to me about her classes and her friends and even sometimes boys. I have fond memories doing the dishes with Julie. Another activity which some might not consider the funnest thing to do is thrift store shopping. I always have a good time with Julie, driving around and trying to find a treasure. Whatever I am doing with Julie it is enjoyable just to be with her.

So Julie, I believe this is just a season of your life. I am praying that your season will change and that soon you will have a time to heal and mend, a time to laugh and dance, and a time for love and peace.

2 comments:

Grannie said...

Absolutely fantastic writing. I am sure Julie's daywill be made after reading such a tribute and encouragement. Love ya Love ya.

Hope to see you guys soon

Holly Young said...

I too am praying for Julie. I pray for her daily. I agree that this is a season and there are great things around the corner! I am sure Julie is thankful that she has such a wonderful and sweet sister. Love you guys!!