Thursday, July 2, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I told Caleb that he was growing up and becoming a man. He corrected me and said that he is not a man but a man-in-training. I told him I would call him M.I.T. Kind of daunting to think of raising two men-in-training.

2. Aaron has become a super bargain hunter. The last three Saturdays he has gone out to garage sales and two or three times a week he stops by Goodwill on his way home from school. He is hunting for anything for us and items to sell on ebay. Last week he purchased from Goodwill an Electronic Battleship game for $1.99. At ToysRUs they sell the same game for $39.99. Caleb has wanted this game for a while.

3. The weather in Beaumont has been HOT! We had a couple of days in June where the temperature reached 100. Last year we had no 100 degree days. What does this mean for the weather in July and August?

4. Have you seen the movie UP? I loved this movie. I have seen it twice and both times cried in a couple different parts of the movie. It explores so many different facets of life: helping others, getting old, following your dreams, true love, absentee fathers, and the whole idea of being disappointed in your life and feeling that you missed out. I think this is my favorite movie!

5. At church on Sunday we sang this song. One of the best songs ever! The chorus is my prayer.

The Potter's Hand by: Darlene Zschech

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour

I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands,

crafted into your perfect plan

You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit

Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes

I'm captured by Your holy calling

Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself

Lead me Lord I pray

Chorus:

Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me

I give my life to the Potter's hand

Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me

I give my life to the Potter's hand

You gently call me into your presence guiding me by your Holy Spirit

Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through your eyes

I'm captured by your Holy calling set me apart,

I know your drawing me to yourself

lead me Lord I pray

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Beautiful! Have a great 4th of July EVE!