Thursday, June 11, 2009

What to do when trouble comes.

It seems like lately so many people are going through major tough times. I know of four families that are going through situations that they could have never imagined. The only thing that I know to do when tough times come is to trust God.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."
Psalm 31:14

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:2

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
Nahum 1:7

I just ran across this scripture today. How did I never notice it before? I love it.
O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD— he is their help and shield.
Psalm 115:10

3 comments:

Grannie said...

Great scriptures to cling to and hold to during this time of trouble. I especially like the one about the 'house of Aaaron'!

love ya

Holly Young said...

Thanks for the encouraging word today! I am praying for God to move in EVERY situation, and I know he will!

Love,
Holly

Mimi B said...

I enjoyed every scripture....Your Dad did an awesome job Saturday night @ Uptown & Sunday morning @ The Gabbard Tabernacle...Your family is in our prayers