Saturday, March 21, 2009
2. American Idol talk: I absolutely loved Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire. Up until this week he was my least favorite contestant. But come on did you hear his voice and the notes and how smooth he was? He is super talented.
3. More American Idol: Camryn and Caleb watched AI with us. We have never voted. As soon as the show was over they both were begging to vote for their favorites. Caleb wanted to vote for Anoop and Camryn wanted to vote for Michael and Danny. Camryn called and voted three times for each one of their favorites.
4. Sadly Camryn and Kaylin's visit with us was cut short. Read here to see why.
5. Mat Kearney has a new album coming out May 19th. He is one of our favorites. Listen to his new single here.
6. This recipe is so easy and delicious. Even the kids liked it. I think the first time I had it was when my mom cooked it for us. Yum!
7. Okay I am gearing up for our 3rd and last birthday of the month. Aaron's birthday is Sunday. God knew what he was doing in putting the kids and Aaron's birthday in March. In March we have our tax refund money. Since we love birthdays it is a blessing to be able to splurge on my three favorite guys.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
After breakfast the kids danced along to an Irish Jig.
In the afternoon the kids built things out of Magic Noodles. We got a box of them for $4.99 from Hobby Lobby. Totally worth it. The kids spent two hours at the table making their masterpieces. You get the edge of the noodle wet then stick it together to another noodle and it works like magic.
At first they made crowns and then decided to make helmets.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Lukey started his birthday with presents first. He had a lot of presents to open from Mom and Dad and presents that Grannie and PawPaw Gabbard had sent for him. He loved all of them! (Well except for one, but that is another blog.)
After presents we had a birthday feast. I asked Lukey if he wanted anything special for breakfast and he said, "I want everything you can give me." We had eggs, sausage, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. He called it a feast.
For lunch we met Granna and PawPaw Garza at Red Lobster. We had a yummy lunch, and then we went to the main event, Build-A-Bear. Lukey loves stuffed animals and couldn't wait to go there. He was especially excited to have Camryn and Kaylin there with him.
Lukey found little sombreros at the Mexican Market, that he thought would be perfect for his little kitties. They fit his kitties just right and it made him so happy.
One place we did not go or even knew existed when we were on our honeymoon was The Children's Museum. We now know it exists and the boys loved it! The boys favorite part of it was the pretend HEB. They have a complete store where the kids go shopping. The shelves were full of kid's favorites. They loaded up their carts and then went to check out. They had real cash registers like they have a HEB. The kids scan all of their groceries. Both Caleb and Luke loved this! Luke did it twice. The second time he got smart. The only things he put in his cart were mac and cheese and ice cream bars.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
1. Caleb typed up a Star Wars quiz for his friends to take. He awarded prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
2. One of Caleb's friends said that he brought his jacket. Caleb corrected him and told him that he didn't bring his jacket, that in fact he brought his sweatshirt. Caleb said, "A jacket has a zipper and a sweatshirt does not."
3. Caleb shared all of his new Legos with his friends.
Caleb got birthday money from his Dallas grandparents. We went right away to Walmart where he picked out Star Wars toys. One non-Star Wars toy did make it to our house, a Jeff Gordon racing truck.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Happy Birthday Caleb!