Friday, February 6, 2009

NASCAR Mania



At our house Caleb, I mean, we are gearing up for NASCAR. It starts tomorrow. Caleb's favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. I don't quite know how Caleb developed the love he has for all things NASCAR, but he has. So we have spent part of the week getting ready for the first race.
First I had the boys pull out all of their race cars. We decided to set them all up for display. We then went to the library and checked out a lot of NASCAR books to add to our display.

We got books on Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson who Luke says is his favorite driver.


I then took the boys to Walmart and let them each pick out a new race car to add to the collection. (A man walked by as I was taking this picture and gave me a funny look. I would have done the same.)


Then I made a chart with all of the races. Caleb is going to write in the winner of each race. I am not promising him that he will get to watch all of the races (there are a ton), but he can at least see the results in the newspaper.



(A side note: I just spellchecked this post. The only words it said I misspelled were NASCAR and Walmart. Come on, how are they not in the dictionary?)

No comments: