Friday, December 5, 2008

Yummy Bread Pudding and Peanut Butter Smoothies

Every week I buy a couple of loaves of bread and every week it seems like I throw old bread away. This week I thought that I would make bread pudding out of the leftover bread. I used this recipe and it was so good! The bread pudding was easy to make and it was delicious. Bread pudding is one of Aaron's favorite desserts, I just never had a good recipe before.

Also, it seems like every week I throw out two or three bananas that have turned brown. My mom can eat any banana, but I just can't eat it once it turns brown. Money Saving Mom uses overripe bananas to make smoothies. First line a pan with wax paper and slice the bananas. Freeze them until frozen. Then transfer about 1 cup of bananas to a bag then return to freezer.




To make the smoothie, use one of the bags of bananas, 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter and 1 to 2 cups of milk (depending on how thick you like your smoothie). Add all ingredients to the blender. This makes a delicious smoothie. It tastes like you are drinking a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. One day I added a few squirts of chocolate syrup and it was really good. I was going to take a picture of my smoothie, but I drank it so fast I forgot to take the picture. :)

No comments: