Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What we're reading Part 4

Angela Hunt is one of my favorite authors. She writes thought provoking books. The first book I read by her was The Immortal. After I read that first book by her, I was hooked and excited to find a Christian author who wrote so well. She has written over 100 books and the motto for her books is: Expect the Unexpected. Her book The Debt is a must read for anyone in the church who wants to make a difference in this world.

Her new book The Face is being released in the general market. It has just come out- I found it at HEB for $6.99 (well worth it, I am happy to support this author). I did not want to stop reading this book. It is the story of a girl born with severe facial deformities and is raised by the CIA and has never lived a real life. Her aunt, whom she never knew she had, comes looking for her and encourages her to break free and live a real life. This book has action, suspense, a little bit of romance, danger, and surprises. If you are a fan of Alias or 24 you would enjoy this book.

For Literature class at Co-op Caleb is reading The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog. Caleb started it yesterday and finished it yesterday. He gives it 10 out of 10 stars. This is a fun book series for kids.

Caleb also read Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary. Monday at Co-op a girl in his class got sick and threw up. I told Caleb she must have been embarrassed and how in this book Ramona gets sick the same way. So Caleb wanted to read it right away and see what I was talking about. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 is a sweet book- I just love it. It portrays the highs and lows of everyday family life in such a real way.
Luke has been reading and reading The Kitten Book. He has had this books since he was one or two and we read it to him at least once a day. For Christmas he said he wants 100 stuffed animal kitties.
Luke has also been reading Where's Your Smile, Crocodile, a cute book we found at the library.



2 comments:

AmyGabbard said...

I remember Hank the Cow Dog when I was in School I will have to remember that for Kaden.

Julz said...

Hey Caleb i'm reading that book to I just got started.

Love,
camryn