Friday, October 10, 2008

On Butterflies, Birthday, and other thoughts




So today is my birthday- I am 32 years old. I wanted to share today why I named my blog Beaumont Butterfly. I do like butterflies but they are meaningful to me too. When I was about 18 years old, at my Dad's church we had a revival with a couple who operated in the prophetic. The husband would preach then after he and his wife would pray for people and would prophesy over their lives. I remember vividly what they prophesied to me. His wife said that the Lord sees me and that I am like a butterfly. That I was not going to stay who I was, but that I would change and become something greater, just as a caterpillar changes into a butterfly. Well about six years later at a different church a woman came up to me and said, "Whenever I pray for you all I get is butterflies." Then she said, "Do butterflies mean anything to you?" I told her about the prophesy I had received and she said that I was no longer the caterpillar, that I had become that beautiful butterfly.
Just two years ago we went to a concert by Michael Tyrrell. He sang a song called Butterfly. The words to the chorus are:
You are a butterfly
Spread your wings and fly
To the other side where love is waiting
Butterfly
You light up the sky
It's your season to shine
Like a diamond in the dark
Release your freedom
You carry the key
It's your destiny
Butterfly
So now I like butterflies and whenever I see them, I think about what God has said about me-that I am like a butterfly. I have a lot of faults and am not perfect, yet God sees me as a beautiful butterfly.

5 comments:

AmyGabbard said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you have a wonderful Birthday.

Holly Young said...

Happy Birthday! You are as beautiful as a butterfly, to God and to others! Enjoy your day!

Love, Holly

Tim Gabbard said...

Happy Birthday Sis! Love you and miss seeing you. Hope you have a great day and Aaron and the boys make you feel special!

Grannie said...

Beautiful blog today!
Isn't God and hid plan absolutely. You have always been beautiful inside and out...no more caterpillar for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

MOM

Julz said...

This is such a beautiful post. I think that I am going to cry. I never knew this and it just fits you so perfectly. I don't talk to you nearly enough, I mean, I can't believe I didn't know this. I just thought you really liked butterflies. It must be so special when you see butterflies - to think of the word you were given. I love it.