Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Secret

First thing after school on Monday, Caleb came up to me and said, "I have a secret and I am not going to tell you." Then he kept mentioning it, saying, "I am not going to tell you, no way, I can not let this get out." So I started asking Caleb to tell me the secret and he wanted me to try and guess it. At bedtime he told me one of his friends told him the secret. I started to try to guess the secret. Here are some of my guesses:

He's going to get a puppy.
He's going to build a tree house.
He's going to have a new baby in his house.
He's going to get a new Lego pack.

Then I hit jackpot, I said, "He likes a girl in your class."

Caleb said, "You know even if you guess it I am not going to tell you. I can not let this get out."

Isn't that funny? Well Friday night this friend is going to spend the night with Caleb. Caleb was so excited when his friend's Mom said he could. Caleb said, "You know, he is the closest thing I have to a best friend."

No comments: