Thursday, September 4, 2008

What we're reading Part 2

We are continuing our study of the Civil War. Pink and Say by: Patricia Polacco is one of the best books written for children. I have read it out loud to the boys twice and both times I have trouble reading it from crying. You should read it too. I love the line, "...touched the hand that shook the hand of Abraham Lincoln."

I asked Caleb to read chapter 1 and 2 of Civil War on Sunday today. He said, "Why can't I read the whole book today?" So I let him read the whole book. I think every kid likes the Magic Tree House Books.


I picked up In Search of Eden by: Linda Nichols at Half Price Books this past weekend with the fam. It is definitely worth buying and reading. This book will be passed on to my sis.

I have started to read The Mysterious Benedict Society by: Trenton Lee Stewart. This book is written for children, but has 486 pages. So far it is such a fun book. I recommend this book to kids and adults alike.
Lukey is reading Richard Scarry's Please and Thank You Book. I absolutely love Richard Scarry books and so do the kids. Who can resist the charm of Lowly Worm and Huckle Cat?

Aaron's reading material at the moment is Macroeconomics by: Andrew B. Abel. Poor Aaron.


We do love books in this family. What are you reading?



No comments: