It is such a BLESSING to have a place to stay and to be able to spend this time with family. We got to go out for lunch today for Julie's birthday. We had delicious food at la Madeleine's. The cousins always have fun together.
This morning we had a wonderful service at Dad's church. The awesome thing is that two people came up for salvation at church today! Then this evening Aaron brought the message. It was a really good message about Jonah. Some interesting things Aaron brought out:
- Jonah was a prophet, but he never really got it. (Veggie Tales)
- God called Nineveh a great city, yet it was a wicked city where they did not know their right hand from their left.
- In the belly of the whale Jonah says, "I have been cast out of Your presence and Your sight; yet I will look again toward Your holy temple." Jonah 2:4
- Aaron remarking on Jonah being vomited out of the fish, "I bet that was a fun ride."
- Jonah finally goes to Nineveh, talks to the people, they repent and fast and turn from their wicked ways and Jonah gets angry! (Jonah 3:10)
- I don't understand Jonah - he says to God, "I pray You, O Lord, is not this just what I said when I was still in my country? That is why I fled to Tarshish, for I knew that You are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger and of great kindness, and [when sinners turn to You and meet Your conditions] You revoke the [sentence of] evil against them." (Jonah 4:2)
- The Lord said to Jonah, "Have you any right to be angry?"
Ann remarked that we all have a little Jonah in us. How true. Aaron did an excellent job tonight.