My sister-in-law Amy has inspired me to share an easy recipe.
1 beef roast around 2 lbs. (Kroger has roast on sale this week for $2.99 a lb.)
1 package Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
1 can of Coke (12 ounces)
1 bag of mini carrots
Any other vegetables
1. Place the carrots in the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Put the roast on top of the carrots and cover the meat with the soup mix.
3. Add the onions and any other vegetables.
4. Add the Coke to the crockpot.
5. Cook all day on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
The roast turned out delicious and if you really want to make it special make homemade mashed potatoes to go with it. There is nothing better than homemade mashed potatoes. This recipe is from the Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook.
6 Medium potatoes, peeled
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
1. In saucepan over high heat, heat potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover potatoes, and simmer 30 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
2. In large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat potatoes, butter, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper until fluffy. Beating at medium speed, slowly add milk until mixture is moist; continue beating 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
I made gravy from a mix. I need a lesson on how to make gravy from my Mom.