Monday, August 11, 2008

Cards

Tonight Aaron asked me if we had kept any of his old college books. I pulled out some old boxes to look for them. I didn't find the books, but I did find some other special things- cards. I have saved just about every card that has been given to me. Is that normal? Do other people save cards?

Here are some of my favorites:

8th, 9th, and 12th Birthday cards from Mom and Dad. I did love Strawberry Shortcake!





This card is from Julie.



Here is the inside. When I looked at this tonight, it made me laugh out loud.



Julie gave me this Great Sister Award for my 9th birthday. The date on it is 1985!!


Notice how Julie's handwriting has improved over the camp card.





So if you have sent me a card over my life, it is probably in my house somewhere. I have cards in my junk drawer, cards in boxes in the playroom, cards in drawers in my bedroom. I do love cards.

4 comments:

AmyGabbard said...

I keep cards even for the boys I have boxes in the storage building and in the house. I like to go back and read them.

Grannie said...

How sweet Lori... I have almost all my cards somewhere especially those wonderful homemade ones. Remember when Julie made the Julmark (I think that was here signature) while we are on the subject of Julie and cards she can really write some wonderful 'stuff' in her cards..She puts such thought and care in them...a real gift! Memory lane....a really neat place!!

Love ya Lori and tell the Garza guys I send love and hugs!!

Mom

Julz said...

I also laughed out loud at that card. Where did I get $5 from and what camp? Why didn't I want you to tell anyone about it? How strange?? I would love to remember the back story behind that cryptic message. You did love Strawberry Shortcake. I have kept some cards over the years. They are fun to read on a bad day because you will instantly feel better. Love it.

Lori said...

Julie I was hoping you knew the backstory on that card.

LOL