Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hopes and Dreams





Sunday night the Power Team was at PawPaw and Granna's church. We took the boys and all of us really enjoyed the night. Caleb and Luke were really into all of the feats of strength that the guys did. The Power Team guys talked about how when kids are in elementary school they will tell you right away what they want to be when they grow up, as well as their dreams and plans for the future. But then the kids get older and for whatever reason they lose their dreams. They said when they ask middle school and high school age kids, they do not get much response.

Then I read a blog post about the same thing. How we lose our dreams. We get married, have kids, buy a house, accumulate bills and we are just living day to day and our dreams die. I am on a quest to take back my dreams. Dreams for my future, my marriage, my children, and my family. Even silly dreams like one day beating Aaron in something. :) The problem with not dreaming is that we lose our hope.

"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11







2 comments:

Grannie said...

Lukie..how cute!!! What a great connection to a book. I love keeping up with you guys this way!!!

Miss you and I send hugs and kisses

Grannie

Julz said...

Lu, love it. You've written something that has hit home. I am reading Club Sandwich by Lisa Samson now and that is hitting home also - the daily grind of life and getting lost in it. I have much to think about because I've forgotten what my dreams were.

Later.